The following vacancies are now available :-
Melbury College Start Date: ASAP Salary: ME 11
Contract: Full time and Permanent- 35 hrs per week over 52 weeks per year
Melbury College wish to appoint an enthusiastic and dynamic Facilities Manager to work across the College. We require a facilities manager to lead, develop and support our teams to deliver high standards of service across our partnership of settings. Melbury College is a partnership that includes the Smart Centre (KS3&4 Pupil Referral Unit), Melrose School (secondary SEMH special school), Merton’s Medical Education Service, Merton Alternative Education Service and the David Nicholas Primary Assessment Centre.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the management and development of all estates and school facilities including maintenance, security, and transport and cleaning departments.
They will be responsible for managing the existing sites to provide a high quality, safe and clean learning environment, and to carry out reasonable repairs in-house in accordance with the School Development Plan and maintenance programme. The facilities manager will also be the Health and Safety lead as well as highly motivated, flexible and have a strong team ethic.
Melbury is a flexible employer and we would welcome potential candidates to visit prior to interview. For more information or an informal discussion please contact Mr Scott Sivier (Business Manager) on 020 8241 2005 or 020 8646 2620
Visits to the schools are welcome. Please contact Peggy Freyne on 020 8241 2005 or via email email@example.com
The successful candidate will be:
- A project manager
- Knowledge of Health & Safety requirements
- Relevant Health & safety qualifications
- Highly organised
- Skilled at managing systems and people
- Able to problem solve
- Ability to motivate staff by establishing empathetic and supportive working relationships
- Ability to monitor and review, report writing and a clear system of record keeping
- Ability to work flexibly, innovatively and responsively in a challenging environment
We offer the following:
- The opportunity to work across a range of unique, dynamic, successful and forward looking settings, supported by committed and conscientious colleagues.
- An excellent environment in which to further develop your skills with opportunities for professional development.
- The opportunity for flexible working arrangements.
- A provision with a creative, open and supportive ethos.
Melbury College is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children. As such all applicants will be required to submit details of two references who will be contacted in advance of interviews for shortlisted candidates. We are an equal opportunities employer. The successful applicant will also be required to undertake enhanced DBS check.
Please see full Job Description, Application form and Equal Opportunities form below. CVs will not be considered.
Please send completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 08 January 2019 (midnight)
Shortlisting: w/c 14 January 2019
Interviews w/c 21 January 2019
We have provided links to all the required statutory information concerning Melrose School on the Information section, click here to view.