The following vacancies are available:-
Head of School – Melbury College
Salary: Leadership 16-20 (Inner London allowance) £66,476- £72,436 Full time, Permanent Start date: September 2019
Melbury College is seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic leader who would like to broaden their experience in managing and working with young people across a Secondary SEMH special school.
We require a flexible and inspirational leader with a strong commitment to raising standards of teaching and learning, who has the drive and enthusiasm necessary to ensure continuous improvement and to promote a positive school culture. Melbury College is a partnership that includes Melrose School, the SMART Centre (Secondary PRU), the Merton Medical Education Service and the Merton Alternative Education Service.
Melrose School is the Merton Secondary Special school for pupils with Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties (SEMH) which supports KS3 & 4 students with an EHCP who do not attend mainstream schools due to complex behaviour issues. Pupils thrive in small classes with a high level of additional support and personalised learning programmes in order to support them to unlock their full potential. The successful candidate will work alongside the Executive Headteacher to lead a successful education team, providing vision, leadership and direction for the continuing development and improvement of Melrose School, which was recently rated as Good in all areas by Ofsted. The Head of School will be responsible for the day to day running of the school and ensuring that the pupils have access to high quality, age appropriate education.
Candidates should have:
• experience of leading in one or more of the following areas – pupil outcomes, personal development, behaviour and welfare, teaching, learning and assessment.
• an excellent teaching record
• experience of the use restorative practices and effective behaviour management skills as well as good rapport with challenging pupils.
• successful management experience
• ability to monitor and review through self-evaluation, report writing and a clear system of record keeping
• ability to lead flexibly, innovatively and responsively in a challenging environment
• ability to manage resources effectively to meet priorities
• ability to liaise effectively with schools, other agencies and parents
• evidence of ability to successfully manage and support pupils with SEMH and/or complex behaviour difficulties
• the ability to plan and deliver outstanding teaching and learning for both individuals and small groups with high quality outcomes for all pupils
We offer the following:
• The opportunity to work in a unique, dynamic, successful and forward looking school, supported by committed and conscientious colleagues.
• An excellent environment in which to further develop your skills with opportunities for professional development.
• A provision with a creative, open and supportive ethos.
Melbury College is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children. As such all applicants will be required to submit details of two references who will be contacted in advance of interviews for shortlisted candidates. The successful applicant will also be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Please complete attached application form. CVs will not be considered.
Closing Date: 25th April 2019 (midnight) Shortlisting: 26th April 2019 Interviews w/c 29th March 2019
Click here for full Job Description